Unplanned events happen when you least expect them, contact your agent immediately and file a claim.
Here are some steps to follow in the event of an unexpected loss
- Clean up is necessary, but please allow the insurance company to inspect damage.
- Protect your property from further damage. For example a hole in the roof caused by a fallen tree branch allowing rain into the house. Placing tarp to cover the roof to protect from further interior damage would be a step to consider.
- In the event of a theft call the police immediately. Make a list of the stolen items so the list can be implemented into a submitted claim for adjusting.
- Do not sign a contract for repairs to your property before the damage has been inspected and adjusted by Pocahontas Mutual Insurance.
- Contact your agent and submit a claim, also give available contact information for adjuster to contact you.
- Livestock claims will need a post-mortem/Necropsy report.
- In the event of a fire call 911 immediately then contact your insurance agent.